Thread: Bumper parts
View Single Post
      10-02-2020, 12:03 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I know that you work for a BMW dealer and have been around bimmers for a long while so have a lot of experience, but your assumption is incorrect. At least to this point in time, this forum has clearly established the fact that G05 X5 replacement parts (at least those unique to G05) are not stocked in North America regardless that X5 is manufactured in SC. While there are obviously a tonne of X5 parts at the factory, BMW has either maliciously or incompetently chosen to have around zero X5 replacement parts inventory in North America. It's weird, but a fact, at least to this point in time. The impact is dissatisfied customers, increased costs for everyone involved including dealers, customers, and insurance as well as erosion of the brand — yet it persists.

If you have any influence with BMW or know anyone that actually does, this issue is now 1.5-2 years overdue for being solved.
I dont follow the parts stuff TBH hence why I request Brit (who runs our part dept for us) to chime in but we do have a large warehouse where we get parts from as well as the port (oxnard and san berdino) right near us so its was worth a try who knows what is in there. As far as the issues of not having any parts in NA I didn't know, I was just stating she would be a good reference since she deals with parts all day long and also sells more parts all over US then most through our parts website bmwpartspros.com

as far as influence goes, I would think that any issues that are problem most likely are known and are made with some sort of economic reasoning as Im sure you will agree. ill have to see what sort of impact it has been to us next time I chat with Brit Anything i find out ill def report back for sure

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1