View Single Post
      11-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
M50iMWGuy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M50iStiller View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. In on the M50i + air suspension for all of the reasons you suggested. Plus this will be my wife's car and she is coming from a Grand Cherokee with air suspension. I may have considered the DHP more if it was my daily. I think having the 742ms will help offset the "softness" of the air ride. We test drove an SQ7 and thought kind of the same. It was fast but rode like a Cadillac. Some people like that I guess. We drove the SVR too. It was fast - but reminded me too much of a small crossover SUV. Too small for my liking.

The M50i torque is impressive. I have an SRT JGC and the low end torque feel on the m50i are night and day.
Unfortunately I didn't get to drive the SQ7, which my Audi guy said was a better overall experience than the SQ8. That said, my wife's daily is a 2019 Q7 with air suspension and 4-wheel steering. It does drive a bit soft (even in S) but handles reasonably well all things considered. The SQ8 is nice looking but the SQ7 is just, well, boring.

I expect the M50i in Sport Plus should be plenty firm and planted for what I want from the car. I've also seen where you can swap out the linkages and get even more travel from your air suspension. I went with the 740 tire/wheel because the tire options seem much better - and I can always swap with aftermarket if I am unhappy with them long term.
Appreciate 1