11-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #11624
E92 M Sport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I see them all the time as new employees at my company. Takes a couple years to program out all the "You did only what was asked so you deserve a gold medal, a promotion, a raise, and a voice in the company" crap their parents programmed into them. Some quit first, but a select few make a good turn around and become self-sufficient adults. It take a massive amount of hand holding and effort though. I've begun crafting interview questions to try to weed out the really "special" ones but it's hard to do. When asked about desired career trajectory I had one young engineer tell me in all honesty his goal was to have my job (VP of Engineering) in "3 to 5 years." I had another one tell me she thought a year over year comp growth of 20% to 25% was in-line with her expectations. Ha! If you start poking around in there you can uncover the ones who have been programmed to believe that they are truly special, even though they came in 5th place in participation.
I give you credit, working in Seattle! You must see some real gems. They’re here also but it seems out there is like the major leagues vs. the minors here...
Murf99314114.00