View Single Post
      10-26-2021, 09:25 AM   #28
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

Oil change

I realize this is an old post. Thanks for the information. It's just what I was looking for. I just had my 2021 X5 M50i in for its first servicing (13 months/8400 miles) and now it has oil leaking on the ground. Found a couple of spots of oil on the garage floor. It's very irritating as the dealer's an hour's drive away.

I dread taking my cars in for service due to the many points you made and for bad experiences in the past. We only checked under the hood, and not underneath, when we picked it up at the dealer and didn't see any oil drips.

I've done some of my own oil changes years ago (yeah, I'm a woman ) I know there are a few things that could cause a leak.

I checked under my car and see drips of oil along the skidplate. Since they don't remove it to do the oil change, how can they clean up any spilled oil that might get in there? (Does it require a torque wrench?)

I don't think my car has a dipstick. If it does, it's not obvious. I think mine has the N63B44T3 (My 2014 F15 didn't have a dipstick either). I ran an oil level check just in case, and it was fine. I'm taking it back in on Thursday morning. smh
'14 X5 s35i Lux Line Mineral White/Mocha (re-homed)
Appreciate 0