Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsWhaHaeWi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
That's a shame you feel that way, I feel the complete opposite than you do, but life's too short to spend with a car you don't love, so take the loss and move on. Hopefully, you'll like the next one more

As for the A/C and remembering that you didn't have the patience to sit through set up on delivery... What is your (now hidden)"red/blue" wheel set to? You're in TX, put it on blue...it's hot there!
Yes, I'll be moving on. I admire the tolerance some on these forums have for what's essentially some beta testing of a supremely expensive product. This forum is a fantastic wealth of knowledge from enthusiasts. But it's likely not representative of the average BMW buyer and having to trawl through topics to find answers to things ought to be embarrassing to BMW.

The A/C issue surprised me. It's never really an issue on modern cars and my previous BMWs have had fantastic AC. It was a pleasant 70ish day on the long drive and we found ourselves asking wtf is going on with this AC? Any other car we've had with auto AC we just set it to 69 (mid fan speed) and forget. This car we had it set down at 64/5 with high fan speed. It blew cold then. Almost like a calibration issue. On a 70 degree day, any modern auto AC should be barely audible and should cool very easily.
Some hard lessons learned here.

Seems to me you are so soured on the car, not BMW or anyone else will be able to eve make it right for you and restore your confidence on the product.

My advice, cut your losses NOW!

The longer around you wait with this vehicle, the greater the financial hit.

Next time do your homework and spend quality time test driving would be candidates. No car is perfect but hopefully you will find something that is more to your liking.

If you own the car, list it for sale. If you lease, you can probably list it in lease trade or do a lease swap. Don't waste your money on a heap that you have deep hatred for. Life is short to get on those hang ups.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0