07-06-2019, 04:18 AM   #7
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by garo1943 View Post
I have had so many electronic issues the latest being my phone wont connect or connects but drops with in minutes. i have iphone XS Max running iso 12.3.1
I was quite worried about iPhone connectivity and CarPlay before my X5 order, and I even made a poll to gauge how widespread the problem was; as I cannot live without CarPlay.

But so far, it has not been a problem at all! Initial connection in each morning always works, and the connection seldom disconnects. A couple of areas where it does struggle a bit is reconnection after stopping/away from car for a short period of time; and sometimes when there are two connected phones in the car at the same time. And when this happens, just a simple toggle of the WiFi off and on (you can toggle phone's WiFi, or iDrive's WiFi) would make it connect again.

So I am a bit surprised you would consider selling a car at a big loss for this problem, which seems a bit extreme to me. Have you updated the iDrive software to its latest version at your dealership?
Appreciate 0