View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 05:20 PM   #26
BMWGUYinCO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 M850 Convertible '23 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yep, same here. Got busted by the cops with a keg in our dorm closet. Minor in Possession. I think the fine was like $300. it had exactly zero impact on my subsequent life, other than my parents being pissed at me for about a week.

BMWGUYinCO It's not like your kid got a DUI. Here's a suggestion: "Son, you're an adult now. You made an adult decision and got yourself into some adult trouble. Dads not going to take a day off work to come bail you out. You got yourself into this, you get yourself out of it. I'm here for you to offer advice but you gotta man up and deal with this."
I am appreciative of the continued input from all of you.

I just want to say, my son is tremendously responsible and independent. He hasn't asked me for help with this situation, rather only informed me about it. He is fully prepared to take this on himself, and accept responsibility. But he doesn't want to lose his license or get the misdemeanor stapled to his record so I thought I would just ask for experiences or advice on how to proceed.

I hope I didn't give the impression Daddy was going to bail him out - I've got his back if he wants me to accompany him to court, but he's going to take care of it. I'm extremely proud of him!
Appreciate 4
DETRoadster11462.50
upstatedoc7561.50
MKSixer34184.50
minn1914037.50