Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
The SAS settings would only be applicable with esys, the HU_MGU would need BC in expert mode.

I don't use BC but I find it highly unlikely that any of the stock coding would break the DAC. Did you check the idrive settings I mentioned?

"Do you have the DAC enabled in idrive main settings, and does it appear listed in Settings-Driver Assistance-Steering?"

The actual Driver Camera configuration ECU is DCS01 (475C) but I can't see BC touching that?
Quote:
The SAS settings would only be applicable with esys, the HU_MGU would need BC in expert mode.

I don't use BC but I find it highly unlikely that any of the stock coding would break the DAC. Did you check the idrive settings I mentioned?

"Do you have the DAC enabled in idrive main settings, and does it appear listed in Settings-Driver Assistance-Steering?"

The actual Driver Camera configuration ECU is DCS01 (475C) but I can't see BC touching that?
Yes, I have it enabled.

It was working for some time... and then I did some coding via BC, and it started giving me the error. I'm only going by the dealer stating that the module for the camera had changed.
Quote:

I just think there may be some contingencies on the legal disclaimers and/or video in motion that require the camera to be disabled in order for them to work... that's the only thing (ie if condition A is met, disable B)? Or does it not work that way?
Lots of people have turned on video in motion and turned off disclaimers with no ill side effects whatsoever. Using both Bimmercode and direct ESys coding. In fact, I think this is the first assertion ever that there was a DAC effect. It may be that coding changed, but at this point it is overwhelmingly likely that was due to a BMW bug than Bimmercode. The dealer could easily be just taking a flying guess since updating fixed it — it's not like service techs have a culture or any motivation to get to actual root causes.