View Single Post
      08-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #6
BGT3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdalum View Post
Do you know if there is any difference in the seats themselves in merino seats versus vernasca seats? I’ll be getting the multi contour seats, and if the only difference is just the actual leather, I wouldn’t be that concerned. I’d rather have the merino, but the vernasca doesn’t look bad and seems to be an upgrade from Dakota. But if the seat itself is an upgrade if you get Merino I might hold out for that.
I think Vernasca is very similar to Dakota, Merino is very different, much softer.
Multi-Contour seats are the same regardless of the leather but the seats will feel different with stiffer vs. softer leather covering them.

I've had different X5's, all with multi-contour seats first with Dakota and now with Napa and the Napa seats are more comfortable because the leather is much softer. Seat comfort is based on many factors, one of which is the material that covers them. Sit on a couch with buttery soft leather and then sit on the same couch with thicker stiffer leather and see which one is more comfortable.

Personally a month or 2 wait isn't a big deal for something that important, at least to me. Your going to have the car for a number of years, whats a few months, anyway that's my $0.02.
Porsche 993 C2 Cab.
Appreciate 1