View Single Post
      06-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #86
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I think you need another voting option. I do it maybe 20% of the time? I enjoy doing it and my girl enjoys it but certainly never expects it. I always do it on special occasions - especially when she is in a dress so she can get in while holding her dress up to not drag it and get it dirty and then hold it so it won't be closed in the door when I shuts it. But if we are walking to the car and approaching the passengers side first - I usually do it.

It is like letting a woman take your arm to me. We don't do it while we walk through Wal-Mart, but if we are walking to our seat at a wedding/funeral/graduation we will. Again - if she has heels on I will for going up/down steps as well.

I enjoy doing it and she likes it at special times so we do. If someone does not like doing it, their partner does not like it done for them, or if they see it as sexist - then simply don't do it. I would never think down of someone I saw NOT doing it. I put it in the same category as buying someone flowers to show how you feel about them.

I also enjoy holding the door for people. Not just women - but everyone as I see it as a sign of courtesy. But I get to where I rarely do it for people less than say 30 anymore - and if I do it is usually for a man. The looks you get or the outright contempt you have directed at you for the simple act of holding the door for someone else astounds me and is just not worth ruining my day over. If you'd rather me drop the door on you as I walk out - I'll oblige.

In a world full of people looking for something to be outraged about - I just choose to not participate. I don't get it, as someone holding the door for me or simply saying "hello" or "have a nice day" can brighten my day. I will never see it as a negative.

We all just have to choose for ourselves!