Thread: F1 Arcade
View Single Post
      12-08-2023, 10:32 PM   #4
matduggy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series Touring (F31)

Yeah, it’s great isn’t it, I’ve now booked to go back again next week.

The venue I visited was in Birmingham, only the second one in the world to open.

For the benefit of others, it’s basically a social racing venue. A bit like Flight Club (without the darts) or Sixes Cricket (without the wickets), combining an activity (in this case, racing) with eating and drinking. Its ideal for the corporate market, as well as big groups of mates looking for something different. Inside it’s a really nice space and even as a bar, it’s pretty swanky and people were just going there to drink… perhaps as the novelty wears off that might happen less but still for now it had a good vibe. And a good mix of men and women!

You can race in teams of up to six players. We had three players in ours, although I was disappointed the race itself only had 10 cars instead of the usual 20 runners. I wonder if that’s a limitation of the hardware, I never did find out.

Apparently each rig is worth £60k 🤯 so some serious kit! But agreed, it is more arcadey than a sim. My main criticisms would be that it doesn’t have enough feedback (even though the rig moves and vibrates), so you don’t know when you’re going to lose control. And there’s no damage. However, I guess they have to make it accessible to all to keep the experience enjoyable.

Definitely recommend if you get the opportunity!
Appreciate 0