View Single Post
      11-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #43
jbx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 XDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
So I feel like I am missing something in the lease offer a dealer is presenting me with. I admit, having only done a lease once 12 years ago with Acura, I am not the most knowledgeable person on the topic, but I have done some research. Using some calculators online, the monthly payment I am calculating isn't coming close to what the dealer is telling me the payment would be on an X5 40i.

36 month/30k miles
MSRP: $79,330 which includes the Destination Fee
Selling Price: $75,230 plus $1k loyalty
Residual: 59%
Total Drive-off: $15k value from trade-in, nothing owed
Acquisition: $925

Money Factor: Dealer dodged me when I asked about the monthly and the money factor, stating taxes were the reason it was what it was, which doesn't give me a lot of confidence about them being upfront.

Using the online calculator with the above info and assuming the .00182 MF, my payment should be around $660/mo. However, the number the dealer is giving me is $775/mo. Even if they are playing with the MF some, I can't imagine how they are possibly getting to that monthly rate. Any experts that could chime in?

Calculations are way off. Since you know the discount that they already agreed to play with them in return and tell them to recalculate without the trade at all. That you changed your mind and you plan to keep the car. Then use those numbers to see if the deal is good. Since they already told you how much the trade is worth if you add it back in they can’t keep playing games. Their jig is up! Essentially they are not giving you 100% of the facts.
Appreciate 1