Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Use a pair of needle nose plier and put into two of the grooves kn the piston. Push in and turn at the same time.
So these are the type of pistons that need to be turned (rotated) while pressing them back in, is that what you are saying? Tough to do without the proper tool, unless you have three hands, I borrowed this tool from Auto Zone one time.

Pls confirm.
You don't have to have a special tool. Just push and turn with the needle nose pliers. Just be careful of the black seal around the piston. You don't want to tear that seal up.

What I'm skeptical about in the instructions posted above is, you have to press the brake to turn on the emergency brake. Yet, the instructions tell you before pressing the brake pedal, engage the electronic emergency brake. This is an easy job and can be done without hooking a computer up to it. Like I said in my initial post, you'll get a lot of dash errors that'll have to be cleared and the calipers reinitialized by the dealer. If you change your pads out and you turn on the parking first as per the posted instructions and don't get any dash lights, report back here.