Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 Belgium View Post
Hi guys!

Proud owner of an LBB M2 since december. Absolutely loving it so far! Going for the brake in service tomorrow. Couldn't resist revving it out last weekend as I went for a spirited drive together with an A45 AMG. To my amazement the amg was no faster in the dry. Drove the two cars back to back and still very happy with my choice. 6 cilinders beats 4 every day.

I know there have been previous topics on this but I'm going to track the car in summer. What are the experiences with the stock brake pads. Do they hold up long enough?
Spa is on the calender, demanding on the brakes. I don't want to go with full racing pads because primarily I use the car on the street. What are good hybrid pads? I don't want noisy brakes on the street.

Thanks!
In the other topic were you posted it was already said a couple of times that driving with the "standard" M2 brake pads on a track will not be a good idea. They don't hold long and could even ruin your rotors! So; change the brake pads, the brake oil and you can also fit steel brake linings...

Popular choices for track work are;
- BMW Performance pads
- Pagid RS-29 / RSL1
- Endless ME-20
- Performance Friction PFC-08

You can drive these pads on the street, I have done it without issues...besides noise of course. I have RS-29 on my Z4M with AP brakes and I'm going to fit Endless ME-20 on my M2. The white M2 from laptime performance was also fitted with these Endless pads and they were very happy with them on the Nurburgring. I will probably keep the Endless pads on the street also and we will see how they preform and sound on the street... I have searched and tested some brake pads in the past...if you want a brake pad that is completely silent on the street and also great on track, then you are in for a long search and a lot of tests. Most pads that are rather silent on the street don't preform well on track (been there done that).