04-13-2020, 11:00 PM   #1143
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
...I ended up bet the MX+ bluetooth. Then I wanted to use Esys so I ended up getting an Enet + USB adapter to hook my computer up. While I was at it, I ended up buying a lightning adapter for the Enet cable (since I'm on an iPhone). Looking back, if I had to do it all over again, I would bypass buying the MX+ bluetooth adapter and just going straight for the Enet + adapter route.
I also use the MX+ Bluetooth adapter for Bimmer Code on iOS. I didn't even think about getting a lightning to ethernet adapter. I already have the ethernet (Enet) OBD cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Well... I'm no IT expert but from what I understood you needed a windows computer. However, I do remember reading somewhere on here that a poster was able to use Esys with a windows virtual machine (is that what you call them) on a Mac?
E-Sys is Windows based but can easily run on a Mac. I use a MacBook for E-Sys. Bootcamp, as already mentioned is freely available on any modern MacOS device. Virtual machines such as Parallels or Fusion (by VMWare) are also good options to run Windows programs on a Mac.

E-Sys is certainly more powerful and flexible than BimmerCode but it's also much more involved.
Appreciate 0