Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneColdCivic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout10 View Post
Quote:
Took it in the first time for a steering wheel/column noise about a month ago, maybe longer. After 4-5 times the noise is still there. The last time they replaced the steering column itself. I brought it back today because of the noise and another rattling noise popped up. So this would be the 5th time I've brought it in.

At what point does it qualify as a lemon? Not exactly sure what a "reasonable" number of time means.
cars not a lemon.
dealer seems to be having issues.

can you try another? any nearby?
It's one of the top dealers so I'm not sure switching would fix it. I first took it to another dealer and all they did was lubricated the parts. Before I drove off the lot I checked and it was still making noise. After that I took it to the current dealer as they have more loaners readily available.
Have you specifically checked the steering shaft collar bushing? I am pretty certain the dealer didn't change this part when swapping steering shafts. Remove the lower dash look down and it will be right there.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Took it in the first time for a steering wheel/column noise about a month ago, maybe longer. After 4-5 times the noise is still there. The last time they replaced the steering column itself. I brought it back today because of the noise and another rattling noise popped up. So this would be the 5th time I've brought it in.

At what point does it qualify as a lemon? Not exactly sure what a "reasonable" number of time means.
cars not a lemon.

It's one of the top dealers so I'm not sure switching would fix it. I first took it to another dealer and all they did was lubricated the parts. Before I drove off the lot I checked and it was still making noise. After that I took it to the current dealer as they have more loaners readily available.
Have you specifically checked the steering shaft collar bushing? I am pretty certain the dealer didn't change this part when swapping steering shafts. Remove the lower dash look down and it will be right there.

Also if that doesn't work try this - take the PUMA case and perform changeover from ATF to Pentosin. One of those two should fix it. Good luck!

-Cheers
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cars not a lemon.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to open a PUMA case. Also just sent BMWNA an email about the issue too.
Appreciate 0