View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 01:48 AM   #206
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Growing up, one of my favorite book was 1001 nights. It's basically a collection of folk tales that are mostly about life learning lessons. One of the story was about a rich kid whose father wants to give him a life lesson. At first his father would send him to work at various places but since they know he's from a rich family, they basically pay him without having him doing anything. So even got paid a lot of money, since he didn't really earn it, he would basically throw away all his money through booze and gambling. So finally, his father would send to a far away place where nobody would know him. They then would make him work as hard as possible with very little pay. One day he went home to show his father how little he made. To make a long story short, it basically tries to say you don't value something unless you really worked for it.

Well I was no rich kid, not even close. Growing up I listened to Howard Stern radio shows. One of their favorite routines was doing a review of a movie, then they would play the movie audio clips without the visual cues (of course since it's a radio show) then they would make fun of how silly how all movies sound without any visual cues.

After watching The Bourne Legacy, I got a few advises for any directors. Movies are all about visual effects. People don't care about fancy dialog with a bunch of fancy jargon that nobody cares or worse understands. The movie is full of tedious details, overlong setups, a bunch of characters doing fancy stuffs without earning them first. At the end, there finally some much needed actions but by then I no longer cared for anything.

This movie taught me this. Other than playing crooks which he's pretty good at, Edward Norton is not qualified to play any normal character. Rachel Weisz shouldn't be allowed to be in any action movies. A movie advertised as an action thriller should have plenty action scenes from the beginning and I don't want to have to wait until the last 10 minutes.

Last edited by WestRace; 02-14-2019 at 01:56 AM..
Appreciate 0