View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #41
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I totally get while some may wait. After thinking about it, BMW is still going to be using the exact same hardware so other than software updates which all the 2019’s will get, there isn’t any guarantee there will be any less issues. It’s a very complicated vehicle and this is the new normal. The new Cayenne is also having all kinds of issues. Their forum is lighting up with all kinds of reports and so is the Audi forum with the Q8. My guess the new GLE will have all kinds of nightmares with their overly complicated suspension system. The M50i could be a 2 year wait since they didn’t introduce it as a future release?? BMW did a lot of improvements this last year just on the 50i V8TT so they may want to get their money back for more than one year. There is a very good chance when they do bring the 525hp V8 to the line, it may be first on the X6 M50i first.
One point you made is not exactly accurate. It is likely that not all 2020 model hardware is going to be exactly the same. It is probable that updated or revised electronics will be installed. Same as most consumer electronics - example a wifi router. The name/model may be the same, but if you look at the label it was say " version XX" ect.
Some things cannot be completely resolved with a software update, or newer components added to circuit boards & such. And I have my fingers crossed on the new M50i version!
Appreciate 0