03-02-2021, 09:31 PM   #23
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneway View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread. I'm curious for those that are running the 22"s, are you on Air or Adaptive/DHP? I have a Range Rover Sport on 22" and the ride is pretty nice, but it's on Air. I'm curious if I'm going to be hating life on the Adaptive/DHP with 22"s.
22s with DHP here. You won't hate life, at least I don't. Compared to the RRS the M50i has a firmer ride, less body role, and lower ride height. I drive a lot of highway and its very smooth on the road. I've had an RRS, X5M and M50i. I find the M50i to be in between those two as far has ride, it a nice mix and balance. I've preferred the BMWs over the RRS, even the harsh ride of the X5M. I don't mind the ride given the number of M cars I've owned; I do notice it more with wife and kids in the car so tend to go a bit easier. I think even the RRS with dynamic handling has a smoother ride, but it always felt like a heavier car to me while driving and cornering. The RRS on 22s has a massive sidewall compared to M50i, so it has an advantage with comfort there regardless of suspension set-up. Test drive the M50i, but if you want the softer ride as a must on the M50i go with the air suspension or drop down to the 40i, but you can't get 22s on that without the M Sport package - overall the 40i is a bit less aggressive. I love the my M50i.