GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
I just PPF'ed my entire X5 with a ceramic topper. I just got the car back so time will tell whether it helps or not. I can say that my 2009 X6 paint was still glossy and had minimal scratches. I think if you garage your car and don't give people a reason to key it, it should stay pretty good. Mine was 13 years old and again, it looked really nice. I washed/waxed it myself with no special training. I used Maguires products for the most part and ultimate quick detailed in between washes. Hell, I even drove it through the gas station car washes on a regular bases and the paint stayed nice. Of course those days are over for me now that I know it's bad for the paint.
Wow, so why'd you ppf this one?

Also, just my 2 cents, but I'd say meguires is just as good as anything costing 10x as much ... hell, Turtle Wax has started putting out some great stuff! Their graphene flex was seems about as good as any consumer grade ceramic or graphene out there, maybe better, and it's $30!

I"m pretty sure that's what I"ll use on my incoming x5 and see how it goes... there's a watch I want and I think I have a better chance of getting it through the finance committee if I offer to do the detailing myself. I'm a giver.
Appreciate 1
jps3b84.00