View Single Post
      06-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #69
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Sorry folks..... just now read this whole thread and chiming in. I do plan on lowering my car when my wheels arrive..... but I have air suspension. ABM drop links are already purchased, sitting in my garage. No springs for me.

I have to be honest..... I've installed suspensions on between 15-20 vehicles. 1.6 to 1.8 inches is a BIG drop. The car is going to appear slammed, and likely ride very rough, and probably cut the life of the OEM struts significantly.

H&R makes great, high quality stuff.... that just seems like a huge drop to put on stock struts. That's like "fender flare cracking" low for those with wide wheels.... or "bump stop crushing" low for those with stock wheels.

I'm only planning on dropping mine with the links about 1 inch... maybe 1.2. I'll have to see what looks right with the new wheels before making that determination. I would definitely not go 1.8 lower.

Are you 100% sure H&R is saying 1.8? I mean.... this is my first SUV build... maybe I'm completely wrong, and 1.8 isn't so bad?? 1.8 on a car would definitely destroy the struts.
Appreciate 0