View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #78
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraDave View Post
You guys are funny about the rebranded Eibach springs. Eibach doesn’t have any designs right now. Perhaps they have a manufacturing facility for coil springs because it’s a big part of their business. I wouldn’t consider another company designing springs and have an Eibach facility manufacturing them equal rebranded Eibach springs. That’s like saying because the BMW X models are made in the USA they are American cars. A German company created the designs and hired an American workforce to make their cars.

If you are still unsure you can check the product materials and licenses for ACS. All the Road testing was on the Nurburgring and licensing though German legal regulations.
Honestly, only you need to be happy with your purchase. Not me or anyone else.

For me, no spring will ever be worth $1,400. It isn’t about ACS or Eibach or anyone. A disclaimer that they tested them on the Nurburgring doesn’t justify the cost to me. If I am getting into the $1,500 range, then I would just throw coils at it knowing the spring rate and damper are matched. Yes the cost is higher than $1,500, but I could justify that more.
Appreciate 0