Xfive
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
I want to hear more about the suspension.

So - you had x5 M sport 50 with adaptive suspension and 22 non run flats.

Upgraded to M50 with adaptive and 22 non run flats

So it is apples to apples comparison.
Would you say - spring rates have changed? damping?
comfort mode in my x5 50 M sport could be floaty and sport plus is not very stiff but noticeably firmer. I would like the new M performance tuning if that's the case.

How about this new Engine. - Torque low and upper end should be noticeable based on 850 driving. Engine had a bunch of upgrades - so it is a worthwhile upgrade just for the engine alone.

In other words - they upgraded the car everywhere it matters - I would be super excited.

What is your impression and level of excitement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Interested in this as well.
likewise
That is correct.
50i to M50i

Suspension
Comfort is more firm and compliant than the 50i, it is definitely not as bouncy. It only gets better as you move through the modes. On my last G05, I wondered if I made a mistake by not selecting DHP or Air. Not this time around. This is the driving dynamic that almost reminds me of my F15. This is the true progression from the F15, to me anyway.

Engine
I know it does not seem like a huge jump, but damn she freaking hustles. Seriously, it's all there. You wanna go, then damnit you are gone.

Things I got but missed the first go round:

B&W Audio - Was not available when I originally ordered and there was never one available at the dealership so I did not realize what i was missing out on.

Extended Merino - I really liked the Vernasca leather with luxury seating on the last G05, but the Merino is much softer on the upper back.
This option isn't a super must have for me and I would ultimately be happy with either.

Extended Shadowline - Was not available before, but it looks badass against the Carbon Black. (I'm still bummed Black Sapphire was not available)

Alcantara Headliner - Even the shade is alcantara.

Pano SkyLounge - This thing just blows peoples mind when it is lit at night. Especially when caring car is enabled and it fades in and out.

Drive Recorder - This probably deserves it's own post along with the new display features in the cluster.

I will hopefully have a little time this weekend to take a few more pictures and maybe a short review.
Appreciate 5
Auricom4349.50
Ilyam5888.50
VTENGR1043.50
1gkek50.50