mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppop View Post
Wow! Nice build. How did you go about your negotiations? For example did you first negotiate a discount then after that negotiate your trade in value. I will be going through a similar process and can learn from your experience. Did you get a good discount off MSRP? How did you determine your trade in value; through Edmunds or other sites? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Good luck with your X5 M50i.
I’ve seen people here saying they were getting 8-10% off msrp but since the M50i is still new most dealer would go was 7% but that said I felt they gave me a strong number on the trade so it evens out.

Trade I first determine using edmunds, Kelley blue book, true car and carfax. I also shopped a couple dealers around and all priced the X5 within $500. Difference was I got a fair trade on my Rover from the dealer I purchased at. Other dealers were about 5 grand less on the trade trying to steal the car. My rover SVR was only a year old with just 2,000 miles so it brought a fair number from the dealer who could capitalize on that

Depending on Bmw incentives in October or November my out of pocket will be either zero or me paying or getting paid a grand

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0