United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Very nice , considering one for the wife in a year or so. Also considering a SVR, how did you like yours?
Was it reliable?

themnmd Thanks. The SVR was certainly nice and is one of the best looking SUV's out there IMHO. I've grown too accustomed though to the BMW handling, feel, infotainment so I didn't feel fully at home in the SVR.

The driving dynamics of the BMW X5 are significantly better over the SVR. The whole steering feel, suspension and cornering just felt so much better in the X5 at least to me.

Also the overall tech and entertainment in the X5 is several levels above what Land Rover has right now. The SVR also had a very stiff ride compared to the X5 and the X5 M50i I'm ordering has the dynamic handling so should be great in comfort and then when I want to amp things up the sport mode should do the trick.

Don't take this to mean the SVR is a loser of a car. It is pretty raucous of a ride. It is loud (exhaust). It is fast in a straight line (575 HP). Looks great. Braking is fine. It just falls shy of the X5 in the areas I noted. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.
Thanks for the input , I do lean to the B'mer too
Appreciate 0