View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #20
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Isn't night vision $2500?. So the apples to apples comparison is a difference of about $11k, right?

Just to be the devil's advocate; you would be paying over $11K to go from 5.4 seconds 0-60 to get to 4.6 seconds 0-60. At highway speed, my guess is that acceleration for passing would be even less of a difference.

And while we are at it, do you really think you will be able to tell the difference between the B&W and the HK while you are nailing the pedal to the floor in Sport+ mode?
All very good points, but the TTV8 is more than just 0-60 times, it's the sound, the feel of the V8. Going 70 MPH and trying to get to 90 to pass someone (aggressively) you will definitely tell a difference b/w 335 HP and 523 HP. Flooring it at a red light, definitely. Driving normal in traffic - hardly. But like I said before, the M50i is a toy, not a necessity - It's meant to be fun when you want it to be fun. The wifey doesn't see it that way - her eyes, waste of money. But that's my fight to win right now ....
Appreciate 0