View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #21
dbjunction
Private
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model S P90D,BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
The two builds I have are $99,945 for the M50i (w/o DHP w/ B&W) and $91,145 for the 40i equiped the same way but with night vision. So about 9k difference. It's also the perception of buying a six figure car. Wife can't wrap her head around it - I'm working on that though.
The difference goes down to under 8k with 10% discount on both (no need to bring tax into these conversations ). Then you bring about monthly payments and the difference between the two starts to melt away in thin air. I have driven 40i and 50i and in my mind, the difference is massive - the 50i felt very light whereas 40i felt lethargic (in back 2 back driving) - even at very low speed. Throttle response is very very different, even for city driving. i have a Tesla P90D with ludicrous upgrade right now, so everything is a compromise in terms of acceleration but 40i was too huge of a gap for me. I now have M50i on order which will be even better thab 50i (havent driven one yet). I would take a lightly equipped M50i over a fully loaded 40i every day of the week (including weekends).
Appreciate 0