View Single Post
      10-22-2019, 01:46 AM   #14
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i, 2020 Alfa 4C

Ultimately I'm going to wait until my car arrives to make a firm decision..... but based on what I've seen so far, it will be difficult to use anything other than an OEM BMW "sleeve/slip-on" style tailpipe trim.

The pipes are too close together to really get anything larger than a 3" diameter... and even that would cause them to touch, and possibly rattle.

then... these's only 2" of extra room for length, which makes it impossible to find a tip, and most of them are a minimum of 6-7 inches long.

I "think"... that an OEM BMW tip will slightly increase the appearance of size, and possibly add an inch of length. Otherwise, the only option is a complete axleback replacement.

Now.... I'm trying to find an OEM BMW model that came with a 2.5" stock exhaust tip. It's the only way to search for an OEM BMW trim piece that will fit correctly. M cars generally came with 2.8" tips... too large. Most non-M BMWs came with smaller than 2.5, so I'm having trouble finding a similar model.

I am "thinking" maybe an older X5 50i might have come with the same size muffler pipes? Not sure. still researching.
Appreciate 0