Thread: PS3 vs 360
View Single Post
      04-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #30
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I have a 360 and a PS3 and a Wii, and i've had the asian version of GT Prologue since late december. GT5 is leaps and bounds more realistic than GT3 or GT4. It's borderline revolutionary. To me, it could be a sole reason why the PS3 > 360. I like my 360 because of the way xbox live lends itself to shooters and multiplayer. However, with the big franchise Halo series wrapping up, i'm not sure how it's going to hold up to the combination of Metal Gear and GT. Let's not forget that GT3 has still outsold xbox and xbox 360 by itself and is still the best selling game outside of 2 mario's and a GTA. It will move a lot of consoles.

Comparing system to system, the blu-ray makes buying it a pretty big no brianer. I like my systems as game systems just about equally at this point. But with the halo frenzy being over, my natural bias after 10 years towards the PS controller, and seeing GTPrologue in 1080p, one is starting to really overtake the other. Throw in blu-ray, and it's kind of a closed case.

For the shooter fan or multiplayer fan, the 360 will always remain the answer, but maintaining that lead against the empires that are blu-ray and gran turismo will likely be biting off more than 360 can chew. It should be a much closer race than last gen though.

And while i'm over in offtopic.... people are using damage as an argument as to forza's superiority? Oh, and need for speed prostreet is better too, i'm guessing? Having lines on the road that tell you when to brake and which line to take make the game so much more realistic, I swear. I like forza. I like forza a lot. But forza's fanboyism is pretty ridiculous. I'll say that forza 1 was a more realistic game than GT4. However, it wasn't as deep or as polished. I'll give it the win because of its realism though. But forza 2 was NOT an upgrade from forza 1. For those of us who died waiting for it, it was actually a pretty big letdown. For those of us who've been playing GT5P for the past 3 months, we'll tell you that it is anything BUT a disappointment.

Generally, the people who call GT unrealistic are the people that sit there driving an automatic with traction and stability left at a novice level wondering why the game is so easy.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0