View Single Post
      02-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #69
maczrool
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M50i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
ah okay. No, my wifi is typically always on and I havent seen if carplay will work without it being connected. i have to assume its wifi since the volume controls on my phone do nothing, unlike blutooth. I'll definitely try it today though.

do you get a wifi icon in your car or does it just say 5gE?

also, i have an iphone X and putting it on the charging pad just doesnt really charge it, makes it unbarably hot and slows down carplay. So I'd prefer just to charge it with the usb-c cable in between the armrests. I've been told that the usb-a port by the cupholders and the usb-c port by the armrests are the two 'media' usb ports in the car. if i used the usb-c armrest port and disabled wifi, would it then be 'wired' carplay? does it sound any different? in my f15, i always connected my phone via usb to the car and it definitely sounded better than over bt.

i'm gonna test that out today to see what happens
Not sure what the car says as far as WiFi or LTE since I’m usually on CarPlay. Will have to take a look. On an iPhone X as well and the charge pad is worthless on mine too. I have WiFi assist turned on as well.
Appreciate 0