x5m50i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
And the final verdict is????

WOMP WOMP....

No-go. The K&Ns from the M550i are NOT the same as the ones from the X5M50i. So, we're still waiting. NBD, I'll just return them.

In the meantime..... I removed those silly charcoal filters out of the intakes. The air essentially has to pass through TWO air filters. That's dumb. Removing the charcoal filter (and 50% of the air restriction) has to be equivilent to, or better, than installing a K&N, with the charcoal filter still in.

And.... found this plastic line that EASILY moves around (very flimsy)... and rattled against one of the chassis braces. I wrapped it in foam tape as padding, and zip tied it to the brace so there'd be no rattling.

Did I prevent a future repair and headache? Maybe?

But... piece of mind. I certainly didn't "hurt" anything. One day, maybe it'll pay off.

And.... a little plastic engine detailing.... and closed the hood.

Successful day. Removal of restrictive charcoal filters? That's gotta be at least 30 hp
Thanks for the info. I am having the same rattle. Initially i thought it was something in thr dashboard around the steering column.
Tomorrow i will also remove those charcoal filters . My car is already tuned by G-Power at 670hp & 905nm (crank)