02-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #22
BarryJI
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpeterson View Post
If the ride is still smooth,why will your wife hate it? My wife loves the ride in all modes right now. I don't want to turn it into something she would hate.(peace in the family,you know) Everything else you've experienced sounds exactly like what I would want in this mod.
Yes, please forgive my flippant comment. We've been married thirty years so there must be some history of mutual toleration of each other's quirks and enthusiasms. She won't mind the adjusted ride that much but she may well notice a significant difference, even in Comfort mode; I really like that difference, as it makes the car feel much livelier but it will strike her as a less cushioned ride. I will submit a full report when I've driven it more and got spacers (which I think are needed to complete the look, otherwise it seems half-done) but, for all my joking about the Mrs., bear in mind that, even for a supposedly "mild" or "conservative" Dinan modification, you will be trading in a certain amount of of carefully-engineered insulation from the road for a certain amount of equally carefully-engineered connection to the road, with every bump and undulation thereon.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 1