View Single Post
      05-04-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Let me hear about your process on Black Sapphire cars.

Been avoiding buying black cars for a long time. My wife just got me an M4 in Black Sapphire Metallic with Silverstone Grey interior as my retirement present. She went to the complete opposite side of color of choice I prefer but do have to say, it is a nice combination.

Anyways, so with having a black car again, this has me taking the extra steps to ensure there are no swirl marks on the car and keeping that deep shine. I have been sticking to the old ways of maintaining the paint of my cars. Now there are a plethora of product out there that are changing the way this used to be done.

So far my process works pretty good but is it the most effective? I just discover touchless car washing..pretty cool. I use Rejex as a sealant then top it off with Chemical Guys Black Light and it seems to work pretty good. I avoid the use of the cutting pads if I have to (so far so good).

So now, I'm looking into other "top coat" protection product. Been reading a lot about DIY ceramic coating and I'm in between 2 products for this. Got a few friends telling me not to try the ceramic coating stuff and to use products like F11 and TLC. Been reading all sort of reviews and comparison about this type of products and don't really understand where they fall and what is their purpose. Do they replace a ceramic coating? Is this for long last protection or for those in between waxing jobs? Is waxing still a thing?

Then the interior...no idea how to care for it other than applying some leather cleaner and conditioner. I haven't done this yet because the conditioner I have does leave a bit of gloss on the leather. I do have full extended leather if that changes anything.

Also, as I mentioned that I'm retiring. I'm going to be moving from a house to an apartment for about 6 months till I officially retire and relocate to Texas. How do you guys without garages go about detailing your cars out of the sun?

I do understand that different folks, different strokes but I have a feeling that I'm missing out on something. Let me hear what you guys think and where can I improve my process. Thanks
Appreciate 0