View Single Post
      08-13-2023, 06:55 AM   #232
Black Beauty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F150 4x4 FX4 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
unfortunately, that device isn’t one that folks recommend. it just looks pretty with its matching BMW “i” motif

have you tried the included flexible fast charging cable? since you have the Wallbox, i assume you didn’t buy the level 2 adapter for the FFC, but still plug it in to a 120v household outlet to test the charging connection. if it charges, then something might be wrong with your Wallbox (setup, programming, etc) or even user error. if it also doesn’t charge, then there’s likely something wrong with the vehicle charging components
The charger that came with the X5 works from the wall outlet. I finally turned off the breaker and moved the first dip switch for the WallBox App to off. Once that was done and turned the breaker on the BMW WallBox worked flawlessly and charged the X5 from 0 - 80% in roughly 3- 4 hours. We have the X5 time to charge set at midnight - 8 a.m. and ready for 9 a.m.. When I woke up at 4:45 this morning the X5 was already done charging. Love the setup works like a champ and nice to have a L2 charger in our garage.

BTW found out the BMW charger WIFI does not work in the U.S. only in China per others on different forms since December 2022.

The cost of the BMW L2 charger 600 and installation by a licensed contractor 1,300, which included 50A breaker with lockbar, power run, installation of the L2 charger, and inspection. BMW concierge wanted 2000. Pays to use local licensed electrical contractor that installs EV chargers.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4752.50