View Single Post
      03-28-2024, 01:48 AM   #14
pixelate
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 M60i

My previous car was a 2018 Q7 prestige with good options but not the "S-line" stuff. Now with a 2024 X5 M60i fairly loaded up.

A lot of good comments above that I agree with. I went with the Q7 after my previous CPO 2008 X5 got a bit heavy on maintenance costs, and primarily chose the Q7 to get a quieter ride for long hauls, which it provided. I have very little to complain about the Q7; it was very nice inside, had good features, good towing capacity and towing ride, drove well and looked good.

With my X5 being a 6-year newer car, all the electronic systems are better and faster. Wireless CarPlay, the large touch screen, and the customizeable gauge dash display are significant improvements; not sure if the current Audis match that or not. My particular X5 is loaded with options so it's got a more upscale and sporty interior, and the body style is "cooler" than the Q7 for sure, though the Q7 is handsome enough.

A minor complaint about the X5 -- the steering wheel control buttons: should have an audio mute button, and the scroll wheel would be more useful as a volume control! I went in with some concern about road noise with the lack of acoustic glass and low-ish profile tires (which was definitely part of the issue with my 2008 X5) but it has been fine in that regard (I went with the 21" wheels to avoid the worst case).

Overall I like my X5 quite a bit more, due the combination of being newer (more advanced), sportier, more optioned, and just subjectively nicer. The Q7 already had good adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning features, but the X5 is a noticeable step ahead of that with the full driver assistance option.
2008 BMW X5 xDrive48i mineral green
1972 BMW 2002 agave green
Appreciate 1