06-20-2019, 03:42 PM   #1
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
So I am sitting here bored waiting for a flatbed for 1.5h with a flat rear 21" P-Zero on my under 2200km X5. Might as well rant about this RFT experience.

Note that I have no spare and it is impossible for a Canadian X5 purchaser to purchase a spare — BMW marketing is filled with staff as bright as black holes ...

No idea of the cause, didn't hit anything, normal urban driving. Get a car alert, "tire low, slow down and stop when safe." Tire pressure at 4psi. So far so good, at that point I would not have even known I had a flat, it was that good. So I gently make it to the office, around 6km so far.

Arrange dealer appointment to change the tire. Dealer is 10km away. Started to drive, a couple of km in, the back end is wobbly and I am hearing a squishy sound. Pull off, tire at zero psi, still on rim. Call dealer, "is it ok for me to continue driving" — no one knows based on above description, no one will take responsibility so we agree that I shouldn't drive. Now waiting for tow truck.

This is my first RFT. Not fully impressed. I thought I was supposed to be able drive 50+ km on to safety/service here? Had I a spare, I would have changed it and dealt with logistics on reasonable time. With RFT, just stuck like an idiot, wasting time and waiting to be rescued.

I am demanding the dealer gets me a spare, not taking no for an answer whatever it takes. Idiotic decision to not include a spare.