Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I'll be honest here and I typically fit ALL of my cars with aftermarket wheels. Not many wheels look better than the stock wheels on the X5MC imo especially paired with Marina Bay Blue.

Sure i wish they were 22" all around instead of 21/22 but they just look so good I have trouble finding wheels that doesn't cost over 10K that looks better. Those Manhart wheels remind me of cheaper aftermarket wheels to me and the color would not pop on your car.

Yes, i agree really ... i've probably just got an itch to mod the car, like i've done with many previous cars, but the X5MC in MBB is pretty much perfect as it is!

it;s a novelty to have a stock car that really requires so little to improve it - so far i've just got the black IND roundels and colour-coded rear reflectors, and de-badged it for a smooth rear.

i'd consider new wheels but as you say the stock ones are really nice, so i'd definitely want to see any new wheels on the market on an MBB X5M before making any change.

i've very conscious of not wanting to over-mod this car, but have realised that half the fun of modding a car is the actual process of getting to the end result ... the X5M is so perfect as stock it's actually taken a little bit of the fun away!!

1st world problems of course ... i consider myself very lucky, and loads of people so far have commented on how classy the car is (mainly the colour, but also wheels / brakes). Enjoy your car ...
Agree on stock wheels looking fantastic. Don't much like those Manhart wheels OP showed a link to. Not special enough and not enough concavity.

Want a mod lower that thing. Wheel gap is huge and the issue on the X5M not the wheels imho

Once lowered it will look more aggressive and wheels will look bigger. If needed then you can look at spacers if needed once it's lowered

BMW did a fantastic job on the X5M

MBB on the X5M is amazing