View Single Post
      10-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #1
improvius
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 X28i

Sacrilege? Just got a Huawei smartwatch

I got one of the new Huawei smartwatches last week, and so far it's been excellent. I've had my eye on them since they were announced last year, but I thought the price was a bit too steep. Then I noticed Amazon Warehouse was selling a few as "used" for 25% off with no or very minor issues. Being a sucker for deals like this, I picked one that had "damaged packaging." I was expecting a torn up/crushed box, but when I finally got it all I could see was some minor scuffing on the cardboard. Everything inside was in perfect condition.

As for the watch itself, it's one with the black metal case and band. I wasn't really a fan of metal link bands before, but after having it for a week I'm really starting to like it. This is a gorgeous watch, IMO much better looking than any of the current crop of smartwatches. It's a bit taller than I'd like for my wrist, but still looks pretty good thanks to the satin black finish.

I haven't done too much with it yet in terms of playing with the various features. Honestly, I manly wanted it for its looks and the ability to wear an unlimited number of different watch faces.

As a warning, though, several people have noticed a red tint on their screens. The problem is especially noticeable with black backgrounds. Apparently Huawei shipped a bunch of these, but somehow I lucked out and got one with a tint-free screen. It seems to be a pretty widespread problem among these early batches, though, so make sure you can easily return/exchange it if you decide to buy one of these. (Amazon Warehouse has a 30 day return policy.)

Appreciate 0