View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #26
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
I washed the car earlier, it was *filthy* so my concern was to detach as much grit as possible first.

+ Power wash with plain water, everywhere, wheel arches etc etc to remove the mud and worst bits
+ Snow foam to get some lubricant everywhere.
+ One bucket with water with shampoo, and a soft brush, brush the car everwhere gently, keeping the brush soaked in shampoo to remove stuff that is attached to the paint.
+ Rince with the hose (already look a lot better)
+ Two bucket wash with a mitt -- here it's nice because I know the paint has /most/ of the grit removed
+ Rince again with the hose (not the power washer), loads of water to remove anything that's been detached from the paint.

Then:
+ Electric leaf blower to 90% dry the car (look these up, they are AWESOME, especially you guys who have water marks!)
+ Two large microfiber towels (from Decathlon)
+ ONE where I spray the "Meguiar's G190526EU Hybrid Ceramic Wax" and put a gentle coat on one/two panels at a time
+ ONE that is dry and I use for buffing a bit.

That's it. I didn't do a full wheel clean as it's winter and the car will be dirty tomorrow again; what I wanted was remove the salt and grit from the road and revive the ceramic hybrid coating.