9uman9y
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9uman9y View Post
Here is a "recording" using iPhone, if you what to see if you have the same in your car
This sounds like possibly noise floor issues in the design of the system.

Basically, the amp's input stage generates the noise from the input device based on how they're connected/implemented; further, if there's other resistance in series to the input, this will add more noise. Plus it could also be volume control noise from the pre-amp depending on how it's all built.

Given it sounds like you've replaced the amps and head units (are they all-in-one?), and given it's in more than one B&W system, it sounds like an artifact of the design - could be due to a design originally made for less power, but then had the power upped without a redesign? Or possibly they swapped in different components from a new vendor?

$3k+ should buy better than that - a vehicle is a shitty place (impossible?) for hi-fi music in general, but, yeah, that crackling would bother me given I do some critical listening.
Yes, 3k$ + is a good money and can buy you a good system. Still, got used to having good audio in my cars. From installing all in DIY-way in a garage to phenomenally good B&O in F13 M6.

Agree, must be design issue with B&W and most likely power related, but it is BMW's job to figure out.

Hope they are taking the issue seriously, but did not hear about any idea from BMW's side.

Attached is how it is all connected. At my suggestion on X5 45e, the dealer first replaced unit 21 (booster) as the noise comes from all speakers connected to it. Then, believe, the dealer replaced the RAM unit (22), did not help either. All signal inputs are via Ethernet.
Appreciate 0