View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 03:56 AM   #12
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

I'd compare the X5 to the MB GLE, Land Rover and Q7 - I think they're a similar class of vehicle, especially on the Technology side.

Depends on what you're looking for?

I personally think the Cayenne is more focused on Sports Performance and is more in the category of a "Sport Car" - rather than aspiring to be a luxury SUV with comfort and technology in mind. I think Porshe are trying to position it in the market as the "911" of SUVs. I am not sure how much DNA is shares with the 911 - but I bet that's what Porshe are trying to instill in the mind of potential buyers.

The others I mentioned above aspire to be Luxury SUVs, and as some have mentioned the Technology in the BMW and MB GLE seem to be light years ahead of the Porshe.
Also, for a family vacation, long country/highway drives, or hauling a trailer-home or boat - I think the X5 class; including the others I have mentioned above, is better suited to families. The comfort for passengers is number #1 consideration - and you can tell they've been designed that way.

I dont see many Cayennes towing anything, or more than a couple of hundered kms out of cities, so that says something....

Last edited by James_G0540i; 02-23-2020 at 04:15 AM..
Appreciate 0