wheine4147
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw X6

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYLT View Post
Hi there,

I need to replace my current daily, a X5 30d from 2003 with manual transmission ( ) and was about to go for a 340i Touring when the dealership let me do a test drive of a 340i and a G05 X5 gen.
I felt in love again for the X5 space and more "luxury" interior finitions. Then my dealership came up with a deal I can't refuse on the X5 saying bye bye to the 340i Touring.

In a couple of days I've to go back to the dealership to order the X5 and I'm puzzled on the color choice: Ametrin Metallic or Phytonic Blue. I do really like the Phytonic blue which looks sporty and it's not that common here around in Switzerland. But now my friends are pushing me to go for the Ametrin Metallic. I'm a huge fan of the amethyst metallic color from Porsche, so when I saw the Ametrin Metallic I started to doubt.

For the lucky ones here around who saw an Ametrin Metallic BMW in real, is the Ametrin purple enough? I'm afraid this color has too much "brown" shades (which I'm not a huge fan) and not enough purple ones. There is not that much pictures or vids with this color on the Internet and I feel most of the time the picture doesn't give justice to the purple shades of the color.

Any feedback on this will be very appreciated.

Attached the two specs I've in my mind.
Hey, after reading your post I was out riding and saw the color X5 you were talking about. Definitely looks brown from a distance, not until it was next to me did it look purple. Good look
Appreciate 1
MrYLT146.50