View Single Post
      02-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #22602
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Weighed in today 30 pounds lighter than when i started tracking calories in mid July 2015. Yay!

2 more pounds and i break the 200 pound barrier. Haven't been under 200 pounds since 2001 and even then it was a short visit. Pretty much been between 220 and 235 since the end of high school.
Congrats. Are you tracking BMI? Aside from the cardio are you doing strength?

I ditched that calorie app after playing with it for a week or two, since it didn't meet any of my goals and was more of a novelty to see how many kCals I was shoving in my face each day.

A few years ago, I was at 190ish and while that may be in the range for a 6'0" ectomorph, I'm hardly that body type. Within a few months, there was a noticeable weight loss with no change in diet or exercise. Stabilized at about 30ish off and went in for a few tests with endo, gastro, radiologist, and maybe another doc. Found two lesions in my liver and tested neg for celiacs and everything else. By this time I was 159.

Whoever hasn't lost 35 pounds of fat has no idea just how good that feels. Confidence, stamina, energy, outlook, posture...all up. Prior to that, my exercise was 3-4 days at the gym and pretending to be healthy. I started running at that time and I haven't stopped since. The alone time, clarity, adrenaline...all addictive and this morning, I was at 165 with a 20 BMI after two good run times this week. I'm curious to see if the metabolism would change if I cut out the booze and eat at home more. Someone keeps recommending fish and that seems to be the only concession I made as far as dietary changes.
Appreciate 0