12-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #37
schaeffs888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d // BMW M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
I kept my e70M until the M50i came out, which represented the perfect mix of performance and ride quality. The M is just a step up in regards to everything. I was definitely going to look in the RS6 but it is impossible to get hands on them and as a lifelong BMW gear head I need to get some seat time there. Plus I don't do ADM, regardless of exclusivity .... has anybody driven the RS6? A buddy of mine has the new AMG G Wagon, it is totally different to these here.
Yes TD both RS6 and Cayenne Turbo / e-Hybrid - chose X5MC in the end.

All great cars - the X5MC suited me better.

I found the rear of the RS6 too "small" for what I needed and the Cayenne Turbo didn't have the turn in bite and biddability of the X5MC which I really liked, it shrunk the car around me and made it feel really assured in the corners. I knew there was a trade off ride wise and I was concerned about that at the time, but now I have it that trade off is definitely worth it (for me).

It is definitely one in which you need to drive all of them before deciding - they do have their own characters and pluses and minuses and one will suit better than the others depending on where you drive, how you drive and what you like your cars to feel like.

Last edited by schaeffs888; 12-08-2020 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: spelling!
Appreciate 1
Tenac4539.50