No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaeffs888 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
For those cross shopping

Stay away from the Cayenne E Hybrid! Weighs significant lbs and drives completely diff then ICE Cayenne's which weigh 400lbs less than X5's.

Turn in a "bite" with non e hybrid is far superior in Cayenne imo

And as others mentioned the battery effects cargo area

Whatever anyone cross shopping decides it's what's best for them but at least compare like products
Agree - after driving the Turbo then moving to the e-Hybrid - it was a lot different drive wise, and sluggish in all aspects. Turbo was still not as good as the X5MC though - I think on reflection its the air suspension vs conventional as I drove an X5 on the 2-axle air and it had that same overall feeling, although Turbo was definitely more driver focused.

I love Porsche - own Porsche and would have had the Cayenne in a heartbeat, but for me it wasn't as good. X5MC is just a more exciting steer and an event every time you drive it - I like that.
I can't speak to the Cayenne you drove. For me I prefer it. I have a GTS which has specific PASM is lower than the turbo, Porsche torque vectoring standard and I have Rear Wheel Steering.

Again different strokes from different folks but I found the steering and handling significantly better than X5M.

Of course not as fast but being 400lbs lighter with the PTV, PASM, RWS feels much more dialed in to me on the handling front