View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #27
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunder View Post
So is it literally iDrive with a Toyota skin on it? The inside basically looks like any new BMW. I'm kinda confused by this whole thing. What does it have to do with Toyota, or supra history?

Car looks awesome though.

Also -- no manual?! What are we doin here.
People don't buy manuals, as we all know. I've driven exclusively manual in my performance cars for almost 20 years, got the 135i with DCT and have never, for a second, looked back.

It sounds like the tune is different (BMW claims 50 more hp than toyota for the i6, and BMW is not one to exaggerate power claims, I'm guessing the supra will be highly tuneable). I think everyone has heard how terrible bmw's steering has become, from what I can tell Toyota has a different steering setup that got rave reviews in pre production cars, I'd guess suspension is also different. It's MUCH better looking than the bmw (I don't have the new Z4, but the Supra is far prettier, especially the rear end).

If they managed to get the driving and steering feel of an frs into the Supra, but with almost triple the wheel hp when tuned, for 20k less than the bimmer, sounds pretty great to me. The B58's seems to make crazy power, not sure if they figured out fueling issues on those, but I saw a stage3 (bigger turbo) dyno at 510whp in a 340i.