United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Hopefully the others can chime in here, but my thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Protoss Void Rays are over powered and over used.
I hate to bring up rank/league, but I hardly see Void Rays in 1v1 Gold and above. I know you just started playing, so maybe identifying buildings and build orders is difficult at this point, but scout often, even sending a sacrificial unit in every so often. The Void Rays are slow moving, and can be destroyed relatively quickly.

Quote:
I don't even want to put my name up I am so embarrassed at this point. I need more practice.
Put your name up anyway (add us too!), a couple of the players on this forum are Bronze/Copper in 1v1 anyway. No one gives anyone a hard time, and we all AT with each other from time to time, or custom 2v2/1v1 for FUN. I haven't seen anyone from this forum talking 'ish on anyone else, and it's a good learning experience for all involved (I think).

Quote:
Only two glitches so far. I have to manually adjust my monitor to 1024 x 768 before launch or the games' display moves up leaving about the top 1/3 off. And there is a graphics glitch when I drop siege tanks, it only lasts a second or two.
I haven't experienced either of these glitches, make sure your video card drivers are up to date. I know one thing you can do to drastically increase FPS is disable shadows. You can put everything else on Ultra but leave shadows off to get over 60 FPS.

Quote:
I can't wait until I can play the AI so I can actually tech up and see some other units, and get my build order skills back! I have gotten Battlecruisers with Terrans, but it would be nice to just mess around a bit and actually learn other units some.
You can play with the AI on Very Easy (only). Make a custom game, and add AI. It's perfect for what you're asking; try things out and just mess around. Get your build orders, explore maps, get the timing of buildings down. It sounds like you're playing terran so learn to "wall-in," especially on smaller maps.

Anyway, glad to see you got your beta, hope to see you on soon!
Appreciate 0