03-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #8
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
It's a shame buyers have to choose.

They have approached the M as a 'no compromises speed & handling machine', but being an SUV, its compromised by its nature. There is a reason someone is looking at an X5M and not an M5... Those same people would appreciate some luxury features and are willing to pay for them.
I wholeheartedly agree with your comment. As I mentioned in a different post on this topic, my theory is that BMW knows this but is holding back some options to release for future in MYs to continue to spur demand over the life cycle of the model generation.

But it sure is infuriating to early adopters who want it now and, like you said, are willing to pay for it now. What I’m not will to do, however, is buy a 2020 F95 and then buy a 2022 MY 18 months later because the Executive Package in 2022 MY finally includes the god damn Sky Lounge...like it should have had in 2020.

Instead, given the necessary delays caused by the virus anyway, if the 2021 MY offers some of these other options in the next few months, I may just cancel my 2020 on order and wait 4-6 additional months and get a MY2021 with those options. Hanging on to my cash for an extra few months doesn’t sound so bad at the moment for a variety of reasons.
Appreciate 0