jukedogg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan-M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG5 View Post
Yes, on May 4th, but I believe their capacity is not near 100% yet.
Yes, I called the plant yesterday with my production number, and they stated "they only have the day shift working." On May 26 they will start both shifts night and day.

I check my status on MyBMW.com and my Car is schedule for production in June. I was told expect 2 months after production start, so I can expect the car around Late Aug or early Sept. He also, stated they will start with all 2020 build first, and after Aug will be a 2021 build. I asked are there any changes in the two models he said yes, small cosmetic. I asked what are they, he said I don't have my list.
It is great to hear that all 3 shifts get to go back to work on 5/26! My dealer told me that "all production numbers are being reassigned due to the allocations all being re-done because of plant shutdowns. As soon as we have the new production code, we'll send it to you so you can track the build"

I think I'll be getting the 2021, not sure how they could improve cosmetics, they hit a home run already, but I'd love to see how BMW makes the X5M even better.

Word.
Appreciate 0