First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05cobra View Post
Please do! I was speaking to a person from a reputed exhaust shop in Sydney and he mentioned that a resonator delete will only yield about 3-8% in terms of volume and won't make the car 'louder' like I want it but might introduce drone.

He recommended I keep the factory valves and he'll set up a unique quad muffler design that allows for a 20-30% noise reduction when the valves are closed and will be equivalent to a muffler delete when open. He quoted roughly $1-1.2k (AUD) for that job
I recently did a resonator delete (x pipe) on my X5MC. It did add some extra grunt on Cold Start and some burble in Sport/Sport Plus. TBH, not much of an improvement in overall sound. I do hear more exhaust note in the mid range, and more rasp when revving, but absolutely no drone.

I'm sure the X5MC exhaust note is more aggressive out of the box than the M50 but I didn't find this to make that much of a difference. your miles may vary.

I may consider coupling with a secondary CAT delete or a new muffler (when available Dinan/Remus). I think with the N63/S63 engines, you really need downpipes to get the proper sound. otherwise these motors are fairly quiet in there operation.
Appreciate 0